The ESP8266 is a low-cost yet powerful Wi-Fi chip that is becoming more popular at an alarming rate, and people have adopted it to create interesting projects.
By the end of the book, you will understand how to completely control and monitor your home from the cloud using a mobile application. You will be familiar with the capabilities of the ESP8266 and will have successfully designed a complete, ready-to-sell home automation system.
What you will learn
- Get, compile, install, and configure an MQTT server.
- Use the Wi-Fi connectivity feature to control appliances remotely.
- Control several home appliances using the ESP8266 Wi-Fi chip.
- Control and monitor your home from the cloud using ESP8266 modules.
- Stream real-time data from the ESP8266 to a server over WebSockets.
- Create an Android mobile application for your project.
Table of Contents
- Getting started with the ESP8266.
- Build and configure your own MQTT server.
- Building a home thermostat with the ESP8266.
- Control appliances from the ESP8266.
- Use the ESP8266 to build a security system.
- Securing your data.
- Real-time Communication.
- Adding a Mobile Application to Your Smart Home.
- ASIN : B0748MKK8Y
- Publisher : Packt Publishing; 1st edition (November 28, 2017)
- Publication date : November 28, 2017
- Language : English
- File size : 18264 KB
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Print length : 198 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN : 1787282627