Discover the powerful ESP8266 and ESP32 microcontrollers and their Wi-Fi communication. The ESP32 microcontroller features Bluetooth and BLE communication in addition to Wi-Fi. The book emphasizes practical projects, and readers are guided through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth communication, mobile app design and build, ESP-NOW and LoRa communication, and signal generation.
Projects throughout the book utilize the Wi-Fi functionality and processing power of the ESP microcontrollers. Projects are built in the Arduino IDE, so you don't need to download other programming software. Mobile apps are now ubiquitous, making the app-building projects in the book very relevant, as are the web page design projects.
In Electronics Projects with the ESP8266 and ESP32, you'll see how easy and practical it is to access information over the internet, develop web pages, build mobile apps to remotely control devices with speech recognition, or incorporate Google Maps into a GPS route tracking app.
- Build practical electronics projects with an ESP8266 or ESP32 microcontroller with Wi-Fi communication.
- Use the Wi-Fi function of the ESP8266 and ESP32 to update web pages.
- Communicate with your mobile phone or smartwatch using Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Transmit and receive information to control remote devices over the internet.
- Understand the design and build of mobile apps for internet-based applications.
- Use WebSocket, MQTT brokers, and IFTTT for fast two-way communication with webpages.
About the Author
Neil Cameron is an experienced analyst and programmer with a deep interest in understanding the application of electronics. Neil wrote the book ‘Arduino Applied: Comprehensive Projects for Everyday Electronics'. He has previously taught at the University of Edinburgh and Cornell University.
- Publisher : Apress; 1st ed. edition (December 18, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 714 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1484263359
- ISBN-13 : 978-1484263358