This is a way of creating an Arduino holographic matrix clock. where the light source and the screen are placed at an angle of 45 degrees.
Another clock in my series of unusual DIY clocks, this time realized using the holographic effect. You get the impression that the numbers are floating in the air, which makes it really interesting to watch.
Otherwise, the simplest way to create a hologram is to have the light source and screen at a 45-degree angle. Knowing that the information from the light source should be a mirror of the original image that we should see on the screen is essential, whether we have a text or a numerical message.
I use a very simple matrix clock for the light source, which is a modified version of one of my previous projects, the “Arduino Nano mini LED matrix clock“, in which I altered the original code to get a mirrored image.
As I mentioned, the clock is really simple to build and consists of several components:
The PCBWay is a great choice for you if you need to create a PCB for this project or any other electrical project. One of the most skilled PCB fabrication firms in China, PCBWay specializes in creating PCB prototypes. With free worldwide shipping and an ISO 9001 quality control system, they provide a full PCB assembly service. Additionally, you may upload your Gerber and drill files to their website's online Gerber viewer to create your board.
You can see in the continuation of the video that this little clock is full of different faces, work modes, and other options.
Several guidelines must be followed while building the mechanical structure of the device:
- The primary light source should be positioned such that it cannot be seen from the device's front.
- The screen should be placed at a 45-degree angle concerning the plane of the light source.
- Also, the screen should be as thin and strong as possible. The light will be refracted twice when ordinary glass with a thickness of 3 or 4 mm is used, blurring the image.
- To have as little reflected light as possible on the surrounding parts for a more realistic image, the whole gadget should be covered with black matte wallpaper or paint.
- We must experiment to determine this distance since changing the distance between the source and the screen alters the height of the hologram image.
The hologram image appears in the middle of the screen if the source and screen are set in accordance with the recommendations given above. We can alter the different options by pressing two buttons.
This device was modified by me from the start so that it can also show holograms from a smartphone. A hologram video created especially for the hologram presentation should be chosen, and the light on the smartphone should be set to maximum for this reason. These videos often have a black backdrop, which makes the hologram effect more obvious.